Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Actually Writing for Somebody

Ok, so I write for Rhombus Online Magazines Tech page, as well as in the Opinions section of the UVU Review. What I've found is that writing even on a weekly basis can be quite difficult. Especially when given practically free reign in each category. What makes it worse is trying to think of something that other people at my school and those that follow Rhombus will care about. I always thought it was an easy task, but as I now rack my brains for my next Rhombus article, I can't really think of anything.

What technologically captivates my peers? What will motivate both of us? It's a vicious decision making process full of trolling the internet for anything that might dazzle as well as be important to your lives. I feel as though I am fairly adept and knowledgable when it comes to all things tech oriented. I've been reading PopSci since I was a kid and whenever a new technology comes out, I jump on the bandwagon (YAY BLU-RAY!). It's also impossible for anyone on earth to convince me that technological advancements in any form are anything but good.

The application on the other hand can definitely lead to other things though, but what has ever been invented that has not been taken for granted. I digress.

I love writing, I love writing things people might read, I love writing and KNOWING people read what I write. It makes me feel important, that my opinions matter and let's face it, when I win a Nobel Prize in physics, you'll be glad you were one of the few that followed me in my younger days. HAR HAR.

All kidding aside, I'm pretty sure that's one of my main motivations whenever I write. Putting out your opinion or reporting on something that you find interesting is, well, fun! What better way is their to share your experiences and such with those that have no hope of feeling the same thing you do?

That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment