Monday, December 21, 2009

A Family Fun Filled Christmas Festival of Fantastic Flagrance

This Christmas will probably be one of my favorites. We're driving back from Emmy's familys up here in Manen, Idaho on the 24th so that we can spend Christmas and its Eve together as a family. It's kind of a big deal to me, since I honestly haven't felt like I've been able to have the Christmas I really, really want until I had a family of my own. So here I am, with my own little family!

Don't get me wrong, last Christmas was phenomenal! I spent the entire break in my apartment watching movies and playing video games. I sort of figured I needed a Christmas like that since I wouldn't have that sort of opportunity again, a last hoorah if you will. But I suspect this year will be a billion times better. We're going to start our family traditions, which are:
  • Christmas Eve stocking opening, with plenty of Egg Nog of course.
  • Christmas Eve massage for Emily (this was part of the already famous leaving-earlier-on-Christmas-Eve-Day negotiation).
  • Wake up at 6AM Christmas day to open presents and begin festivities.
  • Candy Poker (a favorite from my childhood).
  • More Egg Nog
Yeah, we have a short list thus far, but I'm sure we'll think of others we want to do. Of course I will have my father/husband traditions that Emily will be kept in the dark about, but that's just so the surprises will be that much better.

I hope everyone's having a good holiday season and enjoying their break! What are YOUR Christmas traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment