Friday, December 18, 2009

BOLLYWOOD!

It seems every Christmas I get in a Bollywood mood. And by "every" Christmas I mean last year and this year. Especially now that I discovered that Netflix streaming offers a decently large variety of Hindi movies.

We just watched 'Wake Up Sid' staring Ranbir Kapoor of 'Saawariya' fame. The thing I love about pretty much every movie to come out of Hollywoods distant cousin? NO KISSING! I'm not sure this is an official rule or what, but at the end of this movie, if it was made in the States, would have had a killer, absolutely phenomenal kissing scene in the rain next to the Mumbai sea. I mean, after 2 hours of musical montages (which somehow Indians do better than Americans at) where these people should be falling in love, but don't, the buildup for them to kiss is so huge. But alas, tis not the way of our Hindu friends and I think it is incredible!

I may not have seen that many Bollywood movies, but I enjoy the distance they place between themselves and sexuality. I also think this is because most of the heroines they put up on screen, seem to exude seduction with a simple glance. Don't get me started on watching these women dance during their larger than life routines, I have yet to see any white girl move like those Indian women.

Well, we're driving to Idaho tomorrow and even though I want to watch another, I need to sleep so I can drive. Merry Christmas! Woops, I mean, happy holidays! Crap, wait, what is it now, have a nice winter?

No comments:

Post a Comment